OSC Offers the Most Powerful Open MRI on the Peninsula
The Open MRI at Orthopaedic & Spine Center is the most powerful open MRI on the Hampton Roads Peninsula. The strength of the MRI offers clearer images than many other machines in the area, which allows for better diagnostics.
Learn everything there is to know about MRI and the MRI experience. Check out these Frequently Asked Questions
MRI, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, is a method used by physicians to look inside the human body to obtain diagnostic information. Incorporating an advanced technology, an MRI scan produces images of the anatomy to help physicians properly diagnose their patients’ conditions.
It can help provide a quick and more accurate diagnosis for your physician, and can reduce the need for exploratory surgery and other diagnostic procedures which might have associated risk. The benefits of MRIs are many, with new applications continually being developed through on-going research.
An MRI scan is a non-invasive procedure, and there are no known side or after effects. The procedure is painless; in fact, you won’t see or feel anything. You will hear a loud knocking sound (read why), and will be asked to wear protective gear so you do not damage your hearing.
Our MRI provides the following features:
- Orthopaedic (muscle, tendon & joint), Renal, Vascular, Brain, Abdominal and Dental Scanning Available
- Unparalleled comfort for anxious, claustrophobic or large patients (up to 660 pounds)
- Unsurpassed image clarity helps physicians make correct diagnoses or catch previously missed diagnoses
- Exceptional stereo sound system for patient enjoyment
- Scanning takes less time
- It is perfect for children and claustrophobic individuals because they can have constant eye and physical contact with a loved one sitting next to the machine.
- 1.2T (Tesla) Magnet
Our MRI Center is staffed by certified and licensed MRI and radiological technologists and supervised by board–certified orthopedic surgeons and radiologists.