Monica Beckett, AGACNP-BC
We are delighted to announce that Monica Beckett, AGACNP-BC, has joined the OSC Interventional Pain Management team!
A Navy veteran, Monica brings with her a wealth of experience, most recently working for a four-location private medical practice which provided primary and urgent care, concierge medicine and senior care for an assisted-living facility. She also spent 11 years as a hospital-based nurse working in the following departments: Med-Surgical, Step-down, ICU, ER, Telemetry, Surgical, Post-Partem, PACU, Neurology ICU, Burn ICU, etc. Pain management was crucial in each area and Monica managed many chronic pain patients, particularly senior patients with multiple arthritic joints and degenerative disc disease. Monica has been practicing as an adult gerontologic acute care board certified nurse practitioner for 2 years.
Education, Training, Affiliations:
- Master of Science: Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, with Honors, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Bachelor’s of Science, Nursing, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, Minor in Medical Technology, Graduated Cum Laude
- Licensed Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner-Virginia
- Registered Nursing license – Virginia
- ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Sigma Theta Tau-Honor Society of Nursing – Epsilon Chi Chapter
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses-National membership
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses- Tidewater chapter
- Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners
Monica says “providing pain relief is one of the more rewarding benefits of being a health care provider, as you have an immediate and often dramatic impact on the patient’s quality of life. I look forward to partnering with the patients at OSC to help them achieve their pain management goals and a higher level of wellness.”
Welcome Aboard, Monica!