The physicians at Orthopaedic and Spine Center began offering Regenerative Medicine Therapy to our patients in June, 2015. Since that time, many patients have benefited from Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy, and Prolotherapy.
Q: What is Regenerative Medicine?
A: Regenerative Medicine is a relatively new field of clinical practice that focuses on using the body’s own regenerative properties to heal injury, damage or disease. Simply put, we take the body’s own building material, in concentrated form, and apply it where it is most needed for healing.
Q: Why did OSC bring Regenerative Medicine to your practice?
A: The physicians at Orthopaedic & Spine Center are passionate about providing the most innovative, evidence-based treatments for our patients, to relieve their pain and restore their function. We believe that Regenerative Medicine – PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections, and Prolotherapy – are the future of non-surgical orthopaedic and pain management clinical practice.
Q: How do you envision Regenerative Medicine fitting into the existing services and treatments being offered at OSC?
A: We believe that Regenerative Medicine will provide the physicians at OSC with another non-surgical resource for treating patients who have severe pain and loss of function. While these treatments will not be appropriate for every patient that we see in our office, they will provide an excellent non-operative solution for certain patients with chronic and unresponsive musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction.
Q: What type of patients are appropriate candidates for Regenerative Medicine Therapy?
A: The types of patients who would most benefit are the following:
1. Athletes who are struggling to recover from an injury or condition when other treatments have not been successful
2. Patients who are facing joint replacement but would like to try another non-operative treatment before having surgery
3. Patients who cannot have surgery due to health reasons who have chronic pain and dysfunction
Q: What type of patient would not be considered for Regenerative Medicine Therapy?
A: Those patients who have not tried other conservative treatment methodologies first.
Q: What types of conditions can be successfully treated by Regenerative Medicine Therapy?
A: Many musculoskeletal injuries, conditions and diseases can be successfully treated. The major treatment groups are:
1. Tendinitis – Regenerative Medicine can stimulate tendon repair and strengthen weak ligaments surrounding the joint.
2. Bursitis – Regenerative Medicine can promote healing in the bursa sacs that are causing bursitis
3. Tendon Tears – Stimulates tendon regeneration via the body’s natural processes
4. Athletes – Many injuries and conditions can be treated with Regenerative Medicine.
If you are interested in learning more, please go to our website at www.choose-osc.com or call us at 757-596-1900 for a consultation. Let’s discuss if Regenerative Medicine Therapy is right for you and your specific needs.