Orthopaedic & Spine Center (OSC) uses its community touch points (website, e-newsletter, e-mail surveys and Social Media) to communicate with and educate the public about issues that pertain to Orthopaedics, Interventional Pain Management and the health and well-being of our community. When we communicate with you and you with us, we want to make sure you understand how we use the information that you share and know that there are privacy policies in place for your protection. OSC has a comprehensive Notice of Privacy Practices regarding protected health information, which can be accessed by clicking here.
Why We Collect Information
OSC regularly engages in communication with our patients, with individuals who may be looking for a physician(s) or with other interested parties through these vehicles. The expressed goals of these communications are:
- To learn more about our community and their healthcare needs
- To understand what value means to our constituency
- To understand how our physicians, practice and services are perceived in the community
- To apply any information gathered to improve our service delivery to the community
- To tailor the content of our communications to better suit the needs of the community
- The purpose is not to create a healthcare provider-patient relationship or to act as a substitute for consultation with an appropriate medical professional, and you should not rely on any such communication in making decisions related to your specific health concerns and circumstances.
What Information We Collect
OSC will collect information by looking at search terms, links clicked and log-ins.
- Basic demographic information, both identifying and anonymous – name, address, phone number
- Services provided to individuals
- Opinions about services received
Protected Health Information
Health information that is private and protected under HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) will never be shared with any outside entity, unless expressly allowed under the provisions of HIPAA and state law. OSC’s Notice of Privacy Practices regarding protected health information can be accessed by clicking here.
What information We Share
OSC does not share any information gathered by its community touch points to any outside entity unless authorized to do so by the following:
- Regulation, Law, Legal Proceeding or an enforceable request by a government agency
- To address technical, security or fraud issues
- To protect OSC and our constituency against harm
- As described fully in our Notice of Privacy Practices, which can be accessed by clicking here
Personal Registration Information
You may change, confirm or remove personal registration information at any time. Please send a written request, specifically detailing the action(s) you wish to take to firstname.lastname@example.org.