As a fellowship-trained, board-certified, orthopaedic surgeon, my practice is focused on the treatment of arthritic or injured hip and knees, with special interest in revision surgery for failed previous total knee or hip replacements. I also provide general orthopaedic care for patients who have musculoskeletal problems of all kinds. It is my mission to provide you excellent service and compassionate care, and I strive to provide you with the same high quality of care that I would offer to a member of my family.
As well as my clinical and surgical practice, I enjoy hunting, fishing and most other outdoor activities. I also have interests in automotive restoration and Jeeping. Additionally, my family is very important.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OSC. My goal is to provide you with excellent medical care.
I look forward to meeting you.
John D. Burrow, D.O.
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- B.S., Biology, University of Tennessee, Martin, TN
- D.O., Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine – Blacksburg, VA
- Internship, Kennedy Health, UMDNJ-SOM, Stratford, NJ
- Residency, Orthopaedic, UMDNJ-SOM, Stratford, NJ
- Fellowship, Adult Total Joint Reconstruction, University of California – Davis , Sacramento, CA
- Member, American Orthopaedic Academy
- Member, AO North America
- Member, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics
- Member, American Osteopathic Association
Awards and Recognition
- 2021 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- 2020 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- Awarded Board Certification in Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2016 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
Make an appointment to see Dr. John Burrow through our Patient Portal, by calling Orthopaedic & Spine Center in Newport News, VA or by filling out our online form.