Dr. Jenny Andrus is a fellowship-trained interventional pain management physician who joined OSC in 2009. Her practice focuses on the treatment of painful musculoskeletal and neurologic disorders. She routinely treats neck and back pain, joint pain and painful neuropathy. She feels strongly in treating the whole person and often uses physical therapy, pain psychology and medications along with interventional procedures to target difficult chronic pain. Her practice focuses on improving function and quality of life.
Dr. Andrus is fellowship-trained in minimally invasive procedures such as epidural injections. She performs selective injections to effectively target the pain source. Dr. Andrus is one of the areas most experienced physicians in neuromodulation (spinal cord stimulation) and has an excellent success rate with this for back and leg pain as well as neuropathy. Dr. Andrus also performs electrodiagnostic studies, which are often crucial in diagnosing the cause of pain.
Her free time is spent with her husband, two sons and daughter. She enjoys gardening in the summer and crafting and scrapbooking in the winter.
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- B.S., Biological Psychology, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- M.D., Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
- Residency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Fellowship, Interventional Pain Management, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Board Certified, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified, Pain Management
- Member, International Spine Intervention Society
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Awards and Recognition
- 2022 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- 2022 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc All Star” (at least five years consecutively)
- 2021 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- 2020 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- 2020 Virginia Living Magazine “Virginia Top Doctor 2020”
- 2019 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- 2018 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- 2017 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- 2016 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- 2014 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
Call (757) 596-1900 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Andrus. Visit our Contact Us page for information on office hours. Our office is located in Newport News, VA. We are 40 minutes from Virginia Beach and an hour from Richmond, VA.