As a fellowship-trained, board-certified, orthopaedic surgeon, my practice is focused on the treatment of arthritic or injured hip and knees, with special interest in revision surgery for failed previous total knee or hip replacements. I also provide general orthopaedic care for patients who have musculoskeletal problems of all kinds. It is my mission to provide you excellent service and compassionate care, and I strive to provide you with the same high quality of care that I would offer to a member of my family.
As well as my clinical and surgical practice, I enjoy hunting, fishing and most other outdoor activities. I also have interests in automotive restoration and Jeeping. Additionally, my family is very important.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OSC. My goal is to provide you with excellent medical care.
I look forward to meeting you.
John D. Burrow, D.O.
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- B.S., Biology, University of Tennessee, Martin, TN
- D.O., Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine – Blacksburg, VA
- Internship, Kennedy Health, UMDNJ-SOM, Stratford, NJ
- Residency, Orthopaedic, UMDNJ-SOM, Stratford, NJ
- Fellowship, Adult Total Joint Reconstruction, University of California – Davis , Sacramento, CA
- Member, American Orthopaedic Academy
- Member, AO North America
- Member, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics
- Member, American Osteopathic Association
Awards and Recognition
- 2021 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- 2020 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
- Awarded Board Certification in Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2016 Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc”
Call (757) 596-1900 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Burrow. Visit our Contact Us page for information on office hours. Our office is located in Newport News, VA. We are 40 minutes from Virginia Beach and an hour from Richmond, VA.