Orthopedic Sports Medicine
Sports medicine is the medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries due to athletic activity, typically resulting from overuse or trauma to bones, muscles, ligaments and/or tendons. Most disorders resulting from athletic injury benefit from physical therapy. Arthroscopic surgery is a very common treatment option as well. Arthroscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgical method that utilizes a camera and specialized instruments to look inside a joint to carry out any necessary surgery.
The practice of sports medicine is a coordinated effort with input from physicians, orthopaedic surgeons, rehabilitation specialists and physical therapists. The Orthopaedic & Spine Center (OSC) employs a team approach to offering the athlete the most comprehensive services in order to minimize downtime and expedite return to normal activity. Our physicians are trained in arthroscopy and sports medicine. They have experience treating professional, college, high school, and recreational athletes. All of our physicians are active athletes who understand the desire and drive to get back out on the court, greens or field. We also have a fantastic team of physical therapists who work closely with the physician and athlete to follow physical therapy protocols and maximize functional recovery.
- Arthroscopic Surgery for knee, hip, shoulder and ankle injuries
- Arthroscopic Meniscal Repair
- Arthroscopic Cartilage Repair
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Labral and Rotator Cuff Repair
- Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
- Elbow Tendon Repair (Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow)
- Sports bracing
- Physical Therapy Rehabilitation
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Interventional Pain Management
To make an appointment for a sports medicine consultation, call our Appointment Desk at 757-596-1900. Our Orthopaedic Specialists can help you decide what course of treatment is the right choice for you.
Make an Appointment with a Sports Medicine Physician
Call (757) 596-1900 to schedule an appointment with an OSC Sports Medicine Physician. Visit our Contact Us page for information on office hours. Our office is located in Newport News, VA. We are 40 minutes from Virginia Beach and an hour from Richmond, VA.
What Our Patients Are Saying
- I visited the OSC center in Newport News and was offered Outstanding care, knowledge of my current condition, and relief through a guided plan of care. The staff and Dr. Jenny Andrus were very Professional and seasoned. I truly left feeling helped and informed…Thank You. Cordies Moore… Read More
Cordies Moore III – Interventional Pain Management
- Everything was top notch and so more professional than other pain clinics. The entire staff made me feel like family, which is something missing from many Medical organizations. What I liked best about my visit to OSC, was interacting with your staff, all of them, from administrative staff to Dr. Raj Sureja! David… Read More
David Bureman – 5 Star Review of Dr. Raj Sureja – Interventional Pain Management
- I am very pleased with the service that I receive at OSC. The staff that greets you on the second floor, prior to your procedure, are fantastic, very courteous and professional. Dr. Raj Sureja and his nurses are also courteous and very professional. They provide outstanding customer service…and also, procedures that help alleviate my pain. Danny… Read More
Danny Hilling – 5 Star Review of Dr. Raj Sureja – Interventional Pain Management
- The staff at OSC were warm and welcoming. Dr.Raj Sureja and his nurse have a good relationship, marked by humor and respect. I was impressed by the time the doctor took with me and plan of care. The X-Ray folks had a new machine and were working through it with great teamwork and humor – they had a student with them who was clearly being well trained. This group took time and despite my “severe” i.e., aging spine issues, I liked that Dr. Raj noted that I do NOT have a back ache, because… Read More