Sports medicine is the medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries due to athletic activity, typically resulting from overuse or trauma to bones, muscles, ligaments and/or tendons. Most disorders resulting from athletic injury benefit from physical therapy. Arthroscopic surgery is a very common treatment option as well. Arthroscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgical method that utilizes a camera and specialized instruments to look inside a joint to carry out any necessary surgery.
The practice of sports medicine is a coordinated effort with input from physicians, orthopaedic surgeons, rehabilitation specialists and physical therapists. The Orthopaedic & Spine Center (OSC) employs a team approach to offering the athlete the most comprehensive services in order to minimize downtime and expedite return to normal activity. Our physicians are trained in arthroscopy and sports medicine. They have experience treating professional, college, high school, and recreational athletes. All of our physicians are active athletes who understand the desire and drive to get back out on the court, greens or field. We also have a fantastic team of physical therapists who work closely with the physician and athlete to follow physical therapy protocols and maximize functional recovery.
We offer a variety of services to help you get moving again:
- Arthroscopic Surgery for knee, hip, shoulder and ankle injuries
- Arthroscopic Meniscal Repair
- Arthroscopic Cartilage Repair
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Labral and Rotator Cuff Repair
- Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
- Elbow Tendon Repair (Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow)
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Sports bracing
- Physical Therapy Rehabilitation
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Interventional Pain Management
To make an appointment for a consultation, call our Appointment Desk at 757-596-1900. Our Orthopaedic Specialists can help you decide what course of treatment is the right choice for you.