Erin Lee, PA-C, has been nominated to represent Virginia in the “Woman of the Year” fund-raising competition for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This nomination was awarded for Erin\’s dedication to raising funds and community awareness about LLS.
Each year, in communities across the country, passionate candidates engage in an exciting competition to earn The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society\’s (LLS) “Man & Woman of the Year” titles by raising funds for LLS blood cancer research. The candidates compete in honor of children who are local blood cancer survivors, the Boy & Girl of the Year.
Every dollar counts as one vote and the titles are awarded to the man and woman with the most votes at the end of ten weeks. The top local fundraisers in the country win the national titles. To date, these dedicated leaders have helped LLS invest more than $1 billion in research to advance breakthrough therapies that are saving lives today and helping us all achieve the LLS goal of a world without blood cancers. ”
The funds raised through Man & Woman of the Year are used in many ways:
- The continuing research and development of breakthrough therapies.
- Free blood cancer information, education and support.
- To support patients in their communities through our 61 chapters across the U.S. and Canada.
- To drive policies that accelerate the development and approval of new treatments.
- To advocate for blood cancer survivors and their families, helping patients navigate their cancer treatments and ensuring that they have access to quality, affordable and coordinated care.
We are delighted that Erin achieved this recognition and will support her as she competes for the title with other nominees from around the country. Congratulations, Erin and best of luck!