On April 29th, 2013, Orthopaedic and Spine Center plans to launch its new and improved Patient Portal.
This interactive system will provide enhanced capabilities for OSC patients to manage many of their healthcare needs from a remote computer at their home, work or wherever they have a connection to the Internet.
The new Patient Portal will allow patients to do the following:
- Request an appointment
- An OSC appointment scheduler will return patient calls in one business day
- Request Prescription Refills
- Allow 2-3 business days for processing
- Pay Bills on-line
- Request and view Health Information
- Complete Required Medical Forms On-line BEFORE a scheduled appointment to help decrease in-office wait times
- For OSC to provide the best patient care possible, there are several forms that may need to be completed or updated prior to a visit.
- Exchange secure messages with OSC physicians and staff
- Patients can use the portal to ask specific questions of their physician regarding their diagnosis, treatment plan and any medications that they may be taking.
- Patients may use the portal to communicate with us about their health, i.e., status after surgery or treatment, updates on medications or diagnoses made by other treating physicians.
During the month of May, Orthopaedic and Spine Center will have a special help desk downstairs in the main lobby to assist patients with registration. The staff at OSC will issue each patient a “token” to be used when registering. This token is good for 7 days to allow each patient ample time to register. We will have brochures available in all OSC waiting areas and at check-in/out which detail how to get started. Sign-up is easy!
This robust menu of services will benefit OSC patients, by giving them:
- One-stop, easy access to manage many patient medical requests from OSC
- Less time spent in the waiting room filling out forms
- Less time spent on the phone requesting appointments or prescriptions
- Efficient and secure means of communicating about your healthcare with your physician
- Timely and safe means of tracking payment balance and remitting payment to OSC
Stay tuned for our next blog installment which will detail the registration process.