In our last blog installment, we told you about our new and improved Patient Portal, as well as let you in on the features and benefits that are now available. In this blog post, we will detail exactly how you go about registering for the portal. It’s free and easy to do!
Step #1 – Get a Token
There are multiple ways that you can get a token, which is required for enrollment on the Patient Portal:
- Get your token by calling OSC at 757-596-1900. Follow the prompts to request a token.
- Visit our Portal registration desk in the front lobby of our office.
- Request a token at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember: Your token is only good for 7 days. You must enroll within the 7 day timeframe or you will be required to get a new token!
Once you have received your token, you are ready to enroll!
Step #2 – Enrolling
You can get to the enrollment screen in one of two ways:
- Go to https://www.osc-ortho.com/patient-center/patient-portal/ and click on “Online Billpay and Registration
- Go to www.nextmd.com
You will arrive at a page that looks like this:
- Click the “Enroll Now” Button
- Click on the “I Accept” Terms and Conditions Button
- Enter your token (8 digits for security purposes)
- You will be asked for your e-mail address.
- Next, create a user name (Case sensitive and must be 6-10 characters)
- Then, create a password. (Case sensitive and must be 6-10 characters)
- You will be asked to re-enter your password.
The final step requires that you enter personal security questions and the corresponding answers, which you must enter whenever you access your account in the Patient Portal.
At this point, you have enrolled in the Patient Portal and can now access all of the features available. Congratulations!