Dr. Andrew L. Martin, PsyD practices with the Interventional Pain Management Team as Pain Psychologist. He comes to OSC after serving 20 years as an active-duty Navy clinical psychologist, where he specialized in psychotherapy for chronic pain, trauma, depression, and anxiety.
Dr. Martin utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, and other mental health therapies to provide patients with practical tools to reduce chronic pain and improve functioning. He also specializes in trauma therapy, utilizing Cognitive Processing Therapy and Psychodynamic Therapy to help reduce the emotional pain associated with traumatic experiences.
If you are interested in a consultation with a clinical psychologist in Newport News, please call Dr. Martin at 757-596-1900 or schedule an appointment with him.
Dr. Martin is available to see patients who are not chronic pain patients, as well as patients who are not patients of OSC physicians.
Dr. Martin currently accepts the following insurance providers:
- Railroad Medicare
- Medicaid Virginia – only straight MCD NOT MCD replacements
- BCBS FEP
- Anthem Mediblue
- BCBS Medicare Extended
- Healthkeepers Open Access
- Healthkeepers Plus
- Healthkeepers Plus CCC
- Humana PPO(although we are still out of network)
- Aetna Better Health
- United Healthcare (Optum)
- Tricare for Life
- Work Comp
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Arts in General Business Administration, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI – May 1996
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychology, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL – December 1998
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology, Psychodynamic Concentration, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL – October 2001
- Psychology Internship, Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA – October 2001
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, Florida Psychological Association
- Member, Virginia Academy of Clinical Psychologists
- Member, Marines’ Memorial Association