News about the coronavirus is everywhere and a concern to everyone. The health and well-being of our patients is extremely important to us and we will update you regularly on any potential impacts at OSC.
Symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to influenza, generally consisting of fever, cough, and shortness of breath. However, if you have these symptoms, and no known exposure to a patient infected with COVID-19 or recent travel through high-risk countries such as China, Italy, Iran, or South Korea, it is most likely that you have influenza and not COVID-19. If you have symptoms such as cough, fever, running nose, watery eyes, and scratchy throat, call your doctor.
As in any flu season, patients who have symptoms of a virus or respiratory illness should reschedule their appointment and stay at home until they are free of fever and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing medicines (e.g. Tylenol). We will happily assist you in rescheduling your appointment with our physicians, Physical Therapy team or our MRI department.
Please be mindful that even though you may not be in a high-risk group (senior citizen, frail, other serious health-related conditions), some of our patients fall into this category and may be more susceptible to illness. Help us to ensure their safety by rescheduling your appointment when you are sick or in close contact with someone who is unwell.
- The best prevention consists of washing your hands with soap and water frequently (at least 20 seconds with friction) as often as reasonable during the day, particularly before meals and after using public transportation and other facilities. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers when out in public areas.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If no tissue is available, sneeze into your elbow.
What is OSC doing to protect your health?
- OSC has always prioritized a safe and clean environment and follows OSHA guidelines for infection control. We have increased our infection control measures for your safety and use disinfectant in all areas proven to kill the COVID-19 virus.
- We are removing all magazines in waiting rooms to reduce the transmission of germs. Please bring your own reading material. We appreciate your understanding.
- We are adding paper towel dispensers in all patient bathrooms to reduce the spread of germs from high-speed hand dryers.
We will keep you updated as the situation develops.