Dr. Andrew L. Martin, PsyD, will be joining Orthopaedic & Spine Center and the Interventional Pain Management Team as their Pain Psychologist on Monday, January 4, 2021.
Dr. Martin comes to OSC after serving 20 years as an active-duty Navy clinical psychologist, where he specialized in psychotherapy for chronic pain, trauma, depression, and anxiety.
Dr. Martin utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, and other mental health therapies to provide patients with practical tools to reduce chronic pain and improve functioning. He also specializes in trauma therapy, utilizing Cognitive Processing Therapy and Psychodynamic Therapy to help reduce the emotional pain associated with traumatic experiences.
If you are interested in a consultation with Dr. Martin, we will begin booking appointments with him in January 2021. Please call us at 757-596-1900 to schedule an appointment with him at that time.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Arts in General Business Administration, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI – May, 1996
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychology, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL – December, 1998
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology, Psychodynamic Concentration, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL – October 2001
- Psychology Internship, Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA – October 2001
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, Florida Psychological Association
- Member, Virginia Academy of Clinical Psychologists
- Member, Marines’ Memorial Association